1. Every 2 minutes we shoot more pictures than all of humanity took during the 19 century.
2. At the moment, 1998 is as far from us as 2030.
3. New York is actually South of Rome in Italy.
4. Mammoths died out only 1000 years after the Egyptian pyramids were built.
5. When was invented the Fax machine in Russia still had serfdom.
6. The animated series “the Simpsons” is so long that people who graduated high school this year were born when the series has already lasted several years.
7. The carrot was originally purple.
8. At a time when the first film “Star wars”, in France still executed on the guillotine.
9. Hard to believe, but in the USA more libraries than McDonald’s restaurants.
10. Human DNA 50% DNA repeats of the banana.
11. In Welsh folklore, fairies rode corgis dogs.
12. If the paper roll 42 times, the thickness of the convolution will be equal to the distance from the earth to the moon
13. Every year hundreds of trees grow only because proteins forget where they buried their acorns and pine cones.
14. Saudi Arabia imports camels from Australia.
15. The name Jessica was invented by Shakespeare for the play “the merchant of Venice”.
16. Since then, Pluto has been Continue reading
This is the most favorite and bright holiday and new year’s holidays, lasting from 28 December to 4 January, are days of rest for everyone. Stops at this time practically all of business life in the country. There were times when On-segatsu celebrated according to the lunar calendar, but since the late 19th century the Japanese started to celebrate this holiday according to the generally accepted Gregorian calendar.
Japan is a country rich in diverse, interesting customs and traditions. In celebration of the New year it is very noticeable. Preparing for the holiday before its occurrence. On the streets of Japanese cities are many Christmas fairs, selling everything from Souvenirs and clothing to ritual objects. For example, HAMAMI. This blunt arrows with white feathers that protect the house from harm and evil forces. Or TAKARABUNE. Are the ships with rice and other “treasures” on which are seated seven gods of fortune.
Very popular talisman for good luck — CANADA (translated as “bear’s paw”). It reminds made of a bamboo rake. This thing is supposed to “rake” happiness. With every purchase the visitors of the stores is given as a traditional gift animal figure is a symbol of the coming year.
We can not talk about traditional Japanese decoration of the home before the New year, the so-called kadomatsu, Continue reading
Becoming more popular tourist vacation in exotic Asia. Ancient, thousand year old monuments and palaces, the unique nature, the diversity of national cuisine and much more attracts our tourists to these countries.
But coming on holiday to Asia, you must prepare and study the national characteristics of each country, the mentality of their residents, as the national culture of Asia is very different from European. Here are some tips a bit to adapt to the behavioral peculiarities of the national cultures of the countries of Asia.
Coming to China, the first thing you notice is that people speak too loud. This does not mean that they are angry, or show what – that aggression, such dialogues and intonation, is a national peculiarity of the Chinese.
Do not be surprise if you will approach, and will be gazed at. It is a manifestation of curiosity, not hostility. In China it is not considered strange or not decent.
Some features of the local restaurants, cafes, etc. is that Shanghai people usually do not leave a tip. Considering that enough of the service charge, which is included in the bill. But if you give 20-30 yuan tip, to worry not what will be.
Do not settle immediately on the offer to enjoy delicious, exotic and expensive dish, but if you are willing to try the fins of sharks Continue reading