Want to celebrate the New year in a new, more interesting and more original than ever? It may be wise to use this idea for the customs and traditions of other peoples? Not proceed according to strictly specified rules, do not try to limit the style of one country, connect your imagination and sense of humor, and then the new year’s eve can turn into a night trip around the world.
The Bulgarians, following old traditions, always celebrate New year at home. With the twelfth stroke of the clock all homes for three minutes in darkness: the time of new year’s kiss replacing the toast. “Pause kisses” – the tradition of easy, a great way to avoid tedious and lengthy toasts, the need to write any special words.
The British used to order gifts in the letters addressed to Father Christmas (Father Christmas) that will be burned in the fireplace, and the smoke from the chimney all of these requests go directly to the destination. In the family circle the ceremony of distributing gifts even now often takes place in accordance with ancient tradition by drawing lots.
In Scotland there is a symbolic custom of burning the Old year and the opening of the road for a New: on the eve of setting fire to a barrel of resin and a fun crowd wheeled her through the streets. When the time is approaching twelve, the master of the house silently opens the front Continue reading
1. Every 2 minutes we shoot more pictures than all of humanity took during the 19 century.
2. At the moment, 1998 is as far from us as 2030.
3. New York is actually South of Rome in Italy.
4. Mammoths died out only 1000 years after the Egyptian pyramids were built.
5. When was invented the Fax machine in Russia still had serfdom.
6. The animated series “the Simpsons” is so long that people who graduated high school this year were born when the series has already lasted several years.
7. The carrot was originally purple.
8. At a time when the first film “Star wars”, in France still executed on the guillotine.
9. Hard to believe, but in the USA more libraries than McDonald’s restaurants.
10. Human DNA 50% DNA repeats of the banana.
11. In Welsh folklore, fairies rode corgis dogs.
12. If the paper roll 42 times, the thickness of the convolution will be equal to the distance from the earth to the moon
13. Every year hundreds of trees grow only because proteins forget where they buried their acorns and pine cones.
14. Saudi Arabia imports camels from Australia.
15. The name Jessica was invented by Shakespeare for the play “the merchant of Venice”.
16. Since then, Pluto has been Continue reading
Wedding traditions from different countries very different from each other. Of course, there are widespread items such as wedding rings or white dresses. Even in one country there may be variation, depending on ethnicity, culture and religious beliefs. But, as they did not differ, all practices reflect the sociality of the people, their desire to support each other for the prosperity of the entire human society with its basic unit – the family. Offer to go to different countries and see how different wedding traditions.
Bride in white from head to toe, including the face. She is dressed in a white kimono with a white hood that the bride should wear as a veil to hide the “horns of jealousy” from the groom’s mother. He, by the way, wearing a kimono of black silk. During the exchange of vows the groom and bride their families look at each other. 9 times, the couple drink sake, to demonstrate his desire to try to achieve harmony in marriage. Families also drink sake then the father of the bride is distinguished members of the families to each other. Later the bride to change kimonos in red or wear a Western wedding dress for fun and games
Wedding French Canadians
On the wedding day the groom with friends and relatives meet the bride Continue reading