1. Every 2 minutes we shoot more pictures than all of humanity took during the 19 century.
2. At the moment, 1998 is as far from us as 2030.
3. New York is actually South of Rome in Italy.
4. Mammoths died out only 1000 years after the Egyptian pyramids were built.
5. When was invented the Fax machine in Russia still had serfdom.
6. The animated series “the Simpsons” is so long that people who graduated high school this year were born when the series has already lasted several years.
7. The carrot was originally purple.
8. At a time when the first film “Star wars”, in France still executed on the guillotine.
9. Hard to believe, but in the USA more libraries than McDonald’s restaurants.
10. Human DNA 50% DNA repeats of the banana.
11. In Welsh folklore, fairies rode corgis dogs.
12. If the paper roll 42 times, the thickness of the convolution will be equal to the distance from the earth to the moon
13. Every year hundreds of trees grow only because proteins forget where they buried their acorns and pine cones.
14. Saudi Arabia imports camels from Australia.
15. The name Jessica was invented by Shakespeare for the play “the merchant of Venice”.
16. Since then, Pluto has been Continue reading
This is the most favorite and bright holiday and new year’s holidays, lasting from 28 December to 4 January, are days of rest for everyone. Stops at this time practically all of business life in the country. There were times when On-segatsu celebrated according to the lunar calendar, but since the late 19th century the Japanese started to celebrate this holiday according to the generally accepted Gregorian calendar.
Japan is a country rich in diverse, interesting customs and traditions. In celebration of the New year it is very noticeable. Preparing for the holiday before its occurrence. On the streets of Japanese cities are many Christmas fairs, selling everything from Souvenirs and clothing to ritual objects. For example, HAMAMI. This blunt arrows with white feathers that protect the house from harm and evil forces. Or TAKARABUNE. Are the ships with rice and other “treasures” on which are seated seven gods of fortune.
Very popular talisman for good luck — CANADA (translated as “bear’s paw”). It reminds made of a bamboo rake. This thing is supposed to “rake” happiness. With every purchase the visitors of the stores is given as a traditional gift animal figure is a symbol of the coming year.
We can not talk about traditional Japanese decoration of the home before the New year, the so-called kadomatsu, Continue reading
November days can vary, for example, going to Japan, where it is a lot of variety of activities, including, probably, everyone will find something that will interest him.
For example, the third number in this country is culture day, which is considered a public holiday due to the fact that its main purpose is to intensify the development of Japanese culture in a free and peaceful direction.
The Japanese celebrate this event so much fun: in many cities on the third day with parades, which are attended by people dressed in national costumes, which were typical of different eras. The squares are theatrical performances, galleries and exhibitions, which presented works of art. Most of the museums arranges an open day when everyone can go inside and explore the exhibits on display. That is why it is in this month it attracts huge number of tourists, interested in Japanese culture.
Also on this day in a solemn ceremony takes place the ceremony of awarding the order of culture. Thus highlights the merits of people who have made a significant contribution to the cultural life of society. Each year the award is given to four thousand activists, realizing themselves in various fields.
But the fifteenth day in Japan is celebrated a holiday called “Citi-go-San”, the Japanese Continue reading