Nicholas II in Nikolaev
Nicholas II Alexandrovich /Romanov/ (6(18).05.1868 Tsarskoye Selo — 17.08.1918 Ekaterinburg) — last Russian Emperor (1894-1917 gg.), the eldest son of Emperor Alexander III Alexandrovich and Empress Maria Feodorovna. His reign coincided with the rapid industrial and economic development of the country. Under Nicholas II Russia was defeated in Russo-Japanese war 1904-1905 Russian-Japanese war 1904-1905 — emerged in a climate of increased struggle of the imperialist powers for the division semi-feudal China and Korea; sported aggressive, unjust, imperialist character on both sides.In the ongoing rivalry of the powers in the far East especially active role was played by capitalist Japan, who sought to take over Korea and northeast China (Manchuria). that was one of the reasons the revolution of 1905-1907. In 1907 Russia became a member of the Entente, which in 1914 entered the First world war. August (5 September) 1915 Nicholas II and the Supreme commander of the armed forces of Russia. During the February revolution of 1917 March 2(15) abdicated. Nicholas II in 1918 in Yekaterinburg, shot together with the family. In 2000, canonized by the Russian Orthodox Church.
Portrait of Emperor Nicholas II. Hood. Boris Kustodiev
First visit to Nikolaev the future Emperor occurred in 1886 during a visit to the city of Emperor Alexander III with family.
Official visit by Emperor Nicholas II in Nikolaev took place on 15 April 1915 the Emperor was accompanied by Minister of marine adjutant General Ivan Konstantinovich Grigorovich. In the morning the Imperial train arrived at the Nikolaev city station, then on an open car the Emperor went to the Cathedral of the Admiralty. Residents enthusiastically greeted the high guest. “The crowd nikolayevets… standing in the way of Royal travel. On the streets people not only stood, but he ran after the king, enthusiastically shouting hurrah, with a deep soul expressing joy at the sight of the Emperor.”
After the service in the Cathedral the Emperor went to the plant “Russud” and visited the battleship “Empress Maria”, the completion of which ended at the factory. The Emperor was welcomed by the Chairman of Board of Russian Factory General Ivanov, on behalf of the workers he was greeted Belago, which were donated by the Emperor watches. During the three hours that the Emperor spent at the plant, he was accompanied by the Director of the plant engineer Dmitriev. The guest showed various workshops and service companies.
Then the Emperor visited the infirmary behalf of Cesarevitch Alexey for soldiers wounded on the battlefields of the First world war (detained at the expense of workers and employees of the plant) and marine hospital. “In the infirmary and the hospital of the Emperor tasted the food prepared for the wounded and wrote the name in memory of his visit”.
After the Breakfast, held in the Imperial train, at three o’clock the Emperor arrived to the shipyard “the Nikolaev Society of factories and shipyards” (Nawal), where he inspected the ships which were built there, and also participated in the laying of the ship “Emperor Nicholas I”. Then he visited the studios and workshops, observed the production processes. “Many workers honored the Emperor merciful questions and personally bestowed some hours in memory of his visit”. And then “when the noisy manifestations of joy of thousands of workers, went to the railway station, graciously parted company with the factory management and thanked everyone for reinforced work.” At 6 p.m., the Imperial train left the station Nikolaev.