Nicholas II Alexandrovich /Romanov/ (6(18).05.1868 Tsarskoye Selo — 17.08.1918 Ekaterinburg) — last Russian Emperor (1894-1917 gg.), the eldest son of Emperor Alexander III Alexandrovich and Empress Maria Feodorovna. His reign coincided with the rapid industrial and economic development of the country. Under Nicholas II Russia was defeated in Russo-Japanese war 1904-1905 Russian-Japanese war 1904-1905 — emerged in a climate of increased struggle of the imperialist powers for the division semi-feudal China and Korea; sported aggressive, unjust, imperialist character on both sides.In the ongoing rivalry of the powers in the far East especially active role was played by capitalist Japan, who sought to take over Korea and northeast China (Manchuria). that was one of the reasons the revolution of 1905-1907. In 1907 Russia became a member of the Entente, which in 1914 entered the First world war. August (5 September) 1915 Nicholas II and the Supreme commander of the armed forces of Russia. During the February revolution of 1917 March 2(15) abdicated. Nicholas II in 1918 in Yekaterinburg, shot together with the family. In 2000, canonized by the Russian Orthodox Church.
Portrait of Emperor Nicholas II. Hood. Boris Kustodiev
First visit to Nikolaev the future Emperor Continue reading
1. Every 2 minutes we shoot more pictures than all of humanity took during the 19 century.
2. At the moment, 1998 is as far from us as 2030.
3. New York is actually South of Rome in Italy.
4. Mammoths died out only 1000 years after the Egyptian pyramids were built.
5. When was invented the Fax machine in Russia still had serfdom.
6. The animated series “the Simpsons” is so long that people who graduated high school this year were born when the series has already lasted several years.
7. The carrot was originally purple.
8. At a time when the first film “Star wars”, in France still executed on the guillotine.
9. Hard to believe, but in the USA more libraries than McDonald’s restaurants.
10. Human DNA 50% DNA repeats of the banana.
11. In Welsh folklore, fairies rode corgis dogs.
12. If the paper roll 42 times, the thickness of the convolution will be equal to the distance from the earth to the moon
13. Every year hundreds of trees grow only because proteins forget where they buried their acorns and pine cones.
14. Saudi Arabia imports camels from Australia.
15. The name Jessica was invented by Shakespeare for the play “the merchant of Venice”.
16. Since then, Pluto has been Continue reading
Wedding traditions from different countries very different from each other. Of course, there are widespread items such as wedding rings or white dresses. Even in one country there may be variation, depending on ethnicity, culture and religious beliefs. But, as they did not differ, all practices reflect the sociality of the people, their desire to support each other for the prosperity of the entire human society with its basic unit – the family. Offer to go to different countries and see how different wedding traditions.
Bride in white from head to toe, including the face. She is dressed in a white kimono with a white hood that the bride should wear as a veil to hide the “horns of jealousy” from the groom’s mother. He, by the way, wearing a kimono of black silk. During the exchange of vows the groom and bride their families look at each other. 9 times, the couple drink sake, to demonstrate his desire to try to achieve harmony in marriage. Families also drink sake then the father of the bride is distinguished members of the families to each other. Later the bride to change kimonos in red or wear a Western wedding dress for fun and games
Wedding French Canadians
On the wedding day the groom with friends and relatives meet the bride Continue reading