Nicholas II Alexandrovich /Romanov/ (6(18).05.1868 Tsarskoye Selo — 17.08.1918 Ekaterinburg) — last Russian Emperor (1894-1917 gg.), the eldest son of Emperor Alexander III Alexandrovich and Empress Maria Feodorovna. His reign coincided with the rapid industrial and economic development of the country. Under Nicholas II Russia was defeated in Russo-Japanese war 1904-1905 Russian-Japanese war 1904-1905 — emerged in a climate of increased struggle of the imperialist powers for the division semi-feudal China and Korea; sported aggressive, unjust, imperialist character on both sides.In the ongoing rivalry of the powers in the far East especially active role was played by capitalist Japan, who sought to take over Korea and northeast China (Manchuria). that was one of the reasons the revolution of 1905-1907. In 1907 Russia became a member of the Entente, which in 1914 entered the First world war. August (5 September) 1915 Nicholas II and the Supreme commander of the armed forces of Russia. During the February revolution of 1917 March 2(15) abdicated. Nicholas II in 1918 in Yekaterinburg, shot together with the family. In 2000, canonized by the Russian Orthodox Church.
Portrait of Emperor Nicholas II. Hood. Boris Kustodiev
First visit to Nikolaev the future Emperor Continue reading
Along with Islam in the Lezgin culture preserved the elements of pagan beliefs. To this day in the life of the Lezgian show a remarkable phenomena and items, customs and rituals that have deep roots in far antiquity. In the 21st century high-tech and amazing quirks of antiquity, the imprints of the past, and this shows again how diverse and unique corners of the Earth, one of which is the edge of the Lezghins.
Even in pre-Islamic times, when people could not describe the laws of nature, he ascribed all the divine spirits. The Lezgins, they were called the Djinn, which were more often evil than good. So naturally, to protect themselves and loved ones, made all kinds of charms. For example, if the house was built, we had to hang on the wall, the tableware. This was to bring new settlers happiness and prosperity. Still in Lezgin homes can be found this ancient “ADAT”.
As amulets, the Lezghins have also used thorny plants. Perhaps this is due to a belief that pricked sharp needles evil Genie will leave the person and not bring him into trouble. Similarly thorns were hung on the walls, and currently they are often seen as remote under the rear view Continue reading
1. Every 2 minutes we shoot more pictures than all of humanity took during the 19 century.
2. At the moment, 1998 is as far from us as 2030.
3. New York is actually South of Rome in Italy.
4. Mammoths died out only 1000 years after the Egyptian pyramids were built.
5. When was invented the Fax machine in Russia still had serfdom.
6. The animated series “the Simpsons” is so long that people who graduated high school this year were born when the series has already lasted several years.
7. The carrot was originally purple.
8. At a time when the first film “Star wars”, in France still executed on the guillotine.
9. Hard to believe, but in the USA more libraries than McDonald’s restaurants.
10. Human DNA 50% DNA repeats of the banana.
11. In Welsh folklore, fairies rode corgis dogs.
12. If the paper roll 42 times, the thickness of the convolution will be equal to the distance from the earth to the moon
13. Every year hundreds of trees grow only because proteins forget where they buried their acorns and pine cones.
14. Saudi Arabia imports camels from Australia.
15. The name Jessica was invented by Shakespeare for the play “the merchant of Venice”.
16. Since then, Pluto has been Continue reading